If you're looking an all metal, field ready, powerhouse of a folding karambit, look no further than our Fox 478 Aluminum Folding Karambit. Fox Knives designed and manufactured this blade to be identical to the top-selling Fox 479 karambit with only one difference -- the Fox 478 has aluminum scales instead of textured G10. Like its twin, this folder karambit boasts excellent ergonomics that allow it to fit perfectly in both gloved and ungloved medium to large sized hands.
Aluminum scales offer multiple benefits. They are strong, resist warping, and allow easy sanitizing, making them ideal for extreme environments, storing in a vehicle, or use in first responder / medical settings. While they will get warm in direct sunlight, aluminum cools rapidly (quicker than almost any other metal) once it's in shade or a cooler environment.
- Rapid, one-handed deployment via the patented Emerson Wave
- Arrives with sharpened edge ready for use
- Highly receptive to sharpening
- Great edge retention
- Corrosion resistant
- Conceals easily
- Provides multiple carry and deployment options
- Safety ring for weapon retention and for use as a secondary weapon while holding gun or flashlight
- Easy to use as control device or for blunt force (less than lethal) impact
- Lightweight, Textured Aircraft grade aluminum handle
Manufactured by Fox Knives in Maniago, Italy, using one the highest quality and strongest steels, NC690Co Stainless Steel, the Fox 478 karambit combines a wickedly sharp 3" stainless steel blade with gunmetal gray aircraft aluminum handle scales. This folding karambit offers a solid feel in the hand with a weight of 4.85 ounces. The curved blade offers perfect balance both while static and in motion. The knife has an overall length of 7.6" and uses a liner lock to ensure safe use of the karambit.
Note: The 3", single edged blade may not be legal for carry in all states as a concealed knife. Check your local laws.
If you're looking for an all-black Fox 478 folding karambit, you can find one here.