The Fox 478 Black Aluminum Folding Karambit is one of the best self-defense tools and utility knives available on the market. This karambit has been field tested in the most hostile climates by some serious badasses, and it's proven itself time and time again to be of the highest quality. Whether you need a utility knife to open boxes and clamshell packaging or a reliable self-defense tool to open a can of whoop ass, Fox karambits are a force to be reckoned with. If you want the most reliability in any situation where a need arises for a good blade that works and works well, this is your knife.
- Utilizes the patented Emerson Wave technology for efficient, one-handed deployment
- Razor sharp edge
- Strong, consistent edge
- High degree of sharpening receptivity
- Enhanced edge retention
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily concealable
- Suitable for military, LEO, security, civilians, first responders, and utility workers
- Safety ring for a sure and secure grip, even in extreme environments
- Safety ring allows you to utilize in less-than lethal situations by keeping the closed karambit in your hand
- Can be utilized for blunt force or as a control device
- Great for increasing primary weapon retention
- Lightweight, Textured Aircraft grade aluminum handle
The Fox 478 black aluminum karambit is nearly identical to our best selling Fox 479 G10 Black karambit, with the only difference being handle material. Both karambits are manufactured by Fox Knives in Maniago, Italy, using one the highest quality and strongest steels: NC690Co Stainless Steel.
The tiger claw shaped and black teflon coated blade provides devastatingly sharp tip and blade surface with a thickness of .12" and length of 3", offering a total reach of 7.5" when fully extended and 5" when closed. The 478 karambit utilizes a steel liner lock and weighs in at a mere 4.85oz. The adjustable pocket clip allows ambidextrous use. This aluminum karambit is designed for tip-up carry. It utilizes the patented Emerson Wave feature for fast deployment in a reverse grip. Reverse grip most effectively utilizes the blade's slashing power from its pocketed resting position in an upward motion, but the knife can also be held in the forward grip. The textured aluminum handle provides a sure grip and increases the overall durability of the blade.
If you're looking for an all-black Fox 479 folding karambit, you can find one here.