The Fox 479 Stonewashed G10 Black Folding Karambit is the best self-defense tool and utility knife available on the market. This tool has been field tested in the most extreme climates by some truly hardcore people, and has proven itself time and time again to be of the highest quality. Whether you need a utility knife to open boxes and clamshell packaging or a reliable self-defense tool to open a can of whoop ass, Fox karambits are a force to be reckoned with. If you want the most reliability in any situation where a need arises for a good blade that works and works well, this is your knife.
- Utilizes the Emerson Wave, which is the most effective and efficient deployment option available in the knife industry. The patented Emerson Wave allows you to fully deploy your karambit effortlessly with just one hand.
- Strong, consistent edge with high degree of sharpening receptivity
- Enhanced edge retention
- Corrosion resistant
- Easily concealable
- Suitable for military, LEO, security, civilians, first responders, and utility workers
- Safety ring for a sure and secure grip, even in extreme environments
- Safety ring allows you to utilize in less-than lethal situations by keeping the closed karambit in your hand
- Can be utilized for blunt force or as a control device
- Great for increasing primary weapon retention
- For hand sizes measuring 3.6" or over across the back of your knuckles. If smaller, see Fox 599
The highly sought after Fox 479 karambit is manufactured by Fox Knives in Maniago, Italy, using one the highest quality and strongest steels: NC690Co Stainless Steel.
The tiger claw shaped and black teflon coated blade provides devastatingly sharp tip and blade surface with a thickness of .12" and length of 3", offering a total reach of 7.5" when fully extended and 5" when closed. The Fox Knives 479 utilizes a liner lock and weighs in at a mere 4.02oz. The adjustable pocket clip allows ambidextrous use. It designed for tip-up carry with the patented Emerson Wave feature for fast deployment in a reverse grip. Reverse grip most effectively utilizes the blade's slashing power from its pocketed resting position in an upward motion, but the knife can also be utilized in the forward grip. The black G10 scales provide a durable, sure grip and increase concealability, especially in tactical environments.